Midwife means "with woman". The Natural Birthing Center exists to bless your pregnancy, birth and post partum.
In addition to a comfortable birth center in Salado, and in
Round Rock, we will travel to your homebirth in Georgetown, Temple, Belton, and surrounding areas.
As your midwife, It is my goal to bless you. My goal if for you to see the same midwife throughout your prenatal visits, during your birth, and for your
post-birth visits. I want to work with you to create a healthy pregnancy, delivery, postpartum and beyond. I want to get to know you and your family. That is why each prenatal visit is 45
Here is what some of our clients have written about The Natural Birthing Center on Yelp:
"I will choose Sandra and Rachel for every birth I have in the future. They were amazing is an understatement. They
went above and beyond for me and my baby. If you want to feel like a queen when giving birth, which every woman deserves, choose them..." Linnea B.
"I had two births with the midwives. One at the birth center and one at home. They were both an awesome experience.
The service provided my Sandra, Joycelyn and all was simply amazing. They truly care about you..." Jerimiah Josie-Ann B.
Here's what sets us apart:
- We have expertise. Our Clinical Director, Sandra Tallbear, is a Certified Nurse Midwife and Advanced Registered Nurse Practicioner who
has a long career in midwifery. She has attended over 650 homebirths. She has a 31-year nursing career. Sandra has learned to blend trusting the birth process, with a safe birth for mother and
- We have experience. That includes 24 years' direct midwifery experience and over 3000 births in all settings: home, birth center, and
hospital including home birth after cesarean. Due to her experience there is less liklihood of transferring out of care for some late term non life threatening complications.
- Our transport rate is low. If you are serious about a homebirth,
we are serious! We pour our hearts and soul into your birth. We will do our best to keep you at home safely. We are on your team to safely support you.
- In 2016 our cesarean rate was 0 %, In 2015 our Cesarean rate was 3.5%, and in 2014, it was 5%. We work
very hard to keep you out of the hospital to have a safe homebirth. That said--we also will not compromise your or your baby's wellbeing. That means we will transport to the local hospital if
it is necessary. We do our very best to strike a healthy balance. We also owe a debt of thanks to the hospital(s) in which we transferred for allowing our mama's to the opportunity to rest and
have a vaginal delivery.
- We have a balanced view of pregnancy and birth. We are experts in low-risk, natural birth and how to stay healthy during pregnancy,
labor, postpartum and beyond. We discuss healthy dietary modifications and exercises, as well as healthy supplements to meet your baby and your body's needs.
- Each birth is customized to fit your needs. We keep customizing as you grow, learn and decide what is the best for you.
- We have great referrals. We know and recommend other professionals skilled in
pregnancy, placenta incapsulation, postpartum and newborn care to assist your family along the way.
- We offer on-site Hypnobirthing classes. Call Molly Crenshaw 512-864-4216 directly if you are interested in a child birth class.
Women who are choosing to birth with us but wanting to deliver in a local hospital are welcome also.
- We offer on-site counseling. Molly Crenshaw is a certified counselor- 512-864-4216
- We offer Bellydancing Classes and other prenatal preparation classes, a lending library (Salado Clinic) and various
DVD's are available for loan such as "Better Birthing Bodies" and "the Big Stretch" available for our clients We invest in you.
- We are up to date on CPR, Neonatal resuscitation, CEUs and other licenses.
Would you like to learn more about us and our services and meet our midwife in person?
We would love to answer your questions. 512-818-6791 or 512-468-1419 or send us an email.
A birth in your home: Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander,
Georgetown, Hutto, Tyler, Pflugerille, Temple, Belton, Burnet, Lampasas, Copperas Cove, Fort Hood, Harker Heights, Kempner.