Home birth after cesarean, empowering unmedicated births, calm, quiet triumphant water births...
We walk "with you" during this
"birthing" journey. We answer questions. We offer guidance for a healthy birth. But more than that, we undergird your birth with a safety net by supporting your process. There are
two comfortable birthing suites, one in Salado, and one in Round Rock. We happily travel to your homebirth - Georgetown, Temple, Belton, Killeen, Burnet, Round Rock and surrounding
As your midwife, It is my goal to bless you. You will see the same midwife at your birth, that you see at your prenatal visits. We want your birth
to be triumphant! We offer demedicalized, wholistic, family support.
Here is what some of our clients have written about The Natural Birthing Center.
"Thank you so much for all that you did for Shane and I. You became like family to us. And we ill always look to you like part of the
family. You are definintely doing what God has called you to do. We were not just another number, but we were a client. That means so much to us. You made us feel like we were your only
clients. the entire birth from start to finish was an experience I would do over and over again. We are turly grateful for your services." Love Skyler, Shane and and Axy.
"I will choose Sandra and Rachel for every birth I have in the future. They were amazing is an understatement. They went
above and beyond for me and my baby. If you want to feel like a queen when giving birth, which every woman deserves, choose them..." Linnea B.
"I had two births with the midwives. One at the birth center and one at home. They were both an awesome experience.
The service provided my Sandra, Joycelyn and all was simply amazing. They truly care about you..." Jerimiah Josie-Ann B.
you so much for everything! Having you and Anita there, even for a short time, was so valuable to me. Even if it doesn't seem like it to you! I loved all of the scriptures you gently reminded me
through my intense feelings. Thank you." Kristi R.
Here's what sets us apart:
- We support a safe and healthy birth. Our Clinical Director, Sandra Tallbear, is a Certified Nurse Midwife and Advanced Registered Nurse
Practicioner who has a long career in midwifery. She has attended over 695 homebirths and several hundred water births since 1996. She has a 33-year nursing career. Sandra has learned to blend
trust in the birth process, with a safe birth for mother and baby. Sometimes transport to the hospital is a necessity.
- We have experience. Due to her experience there is less liklihood of transferring out of care for some late term non life threatening
complications. That includes 24 years' direct midwifery experience and over 3000 births in all settings: home, birth center, and hospital including home birth
- Our transport rate is low. If you are serious about a homebirth,
we are serious! We pour our hearts and soul into your birth. We will do our best to keep you at home safely. We are on your team to safely support you. Each year our transport rate has stood at
- In 2017 our cesarean rate was 2.5 % and in 2016 it was 0%. In 2015 our Cesarean rate was 3.5%, and in 2014, it was 5%. We work
very hard to keep you out of the hospital and to have a safe homebirth. That said--we also will not compromise you or your baby's wellbeing. That means we will transport to the local
hospital if it is necessary. We do our very best to strike a healthy balance. We also owe a debt of thanks to the hospital(s) in which we transferred for allowing our mama's to the opportunity
to rest and have a vaginal delivery.
- We have a balanced view of pregnancy and birth. We are experts in low-risk, natural birth and how to stay healthy during pregnancy,
labor, postpartum and beyond. We discuss healthy dietary modifications and exercises, as well as healthy supplements to meet your baby and your body's needs.
- Each birth is customized to fit your needs. We keep customizing as you grow, learn and decide what is the best for you.
- We have great referrals. We know and recommend other professionals skilled in
pregnancy, placenta incapsulation, postpartum and newborn care to assist your family along the way.
- We offer on-site Hypnobirthing classes. Molly Crenshaw 512-864-4216 is our expert hypnobirthing instructor. If you are
interested in a child birth class call Molly. She also is licensed therapist. If you are needing a counselor, she is a well spring of knowlege and light. Women who are wanting to
deliver in a local hospital are welcome to join the hypnobirthing classes also.
- We offer on-site counseling. Molly Crenshaw is a certified counselor- 512-864-4216
- We offer Bellydancing Classes and other prenatal preparation classes, a lending library (Salado Clinic) and various
DVD's are available for loan such as "Better Birthing Bodies" and "the Big Stretch". I guess you could say that we invest in you and your birth.
- We are up to date on CPR, Neonatal resuscitation, CEUs and other licenses.
Would you like to learn more about us and our services and meet our midwife in person?
We would love to answer your questions. 512-818-6791 or 512-468-1419 or send us an email.